The Results Are In:TrueAccord Consumer Satisfaction Survey

By on July 17th, 2017 in Company News, Industry Insights, Product and Technology

Today, 80 million consumers are in debt. They are often not treated well by collectors, and subjected to harassment, intimidation and an overall bad user experience that does not encourage or empower resolution. According to a recent CFPB survey 1 in 4 consumers felt threatened by collectors, 3 in 4 consumers reported that a collector did not honor a request to cease contact, over ⅓ reported being contacted at inconvenient times, and 40% of consumers reported they were contacted 4+ times per week. These results are quite disheartening, and demonstrate that the traditional debt collection agencies have not adopted user centric practices and behaviors, nor have they integrated technology into the process to adapt to changing consumer needs. They are stuck making large volumes of phone calls to uninterested consumers who end up complaining.

When we set out to survey our consumers about their experience with TrueAccord we weren’t quite sure what to expect, or if they would even respond. On one hand, we believe our data driven, consumer centric, digital first experience is reinventing the debt collection process and will replace legacy agencies, and consumer will appreciate that. On the other, we are still talking about debt collection, and most likely a lot of these consumers have experienced multiple negative collections experience and have low expectations of the process. They aren’t likely to recommend a debt collector, and as we’ve seen above, are highly likely to have had a bad experience.

Overall satisfaction

What we found was both exciting and inspiring, 80% of respondents were satisfied with their experience with TrueAccord. It’s an unprecedented number in an industry that, for decades, only attracted negative attention. TrueAccord is building a product and brand focused on delivering great user experiences and helping consumers rebuild financial health, and consumers are reacting to that. Traditional agencies’ behaviors have been impacting liquidation, hurting brand reputation and causing a lot of compliance risk. Yet they haven’t changed their ways. We show that working differently is possible – and will yield better results.  

Tone

81% of consumers stated that the tone and personalized offers in our messages were appropriate for their individual needs. Our content is personalized, and tailored to empower and motivate consumers to want to pay off the debt, combined with the ability to offer a wide selection of custom payment plans. Consumers’ needs are served and they are treated like customers. Our clients understand that debt collection is part of a natural consumer life cycle;at one point or another, most of us will encounter debt collectors, but unfortunately traditional agencies lack the technology and best practices to deliver good user experiences, leaving consumers feeling frustrated, angry and wronged. This does not have to be the case.

User experience

80% of our users had an overall positive experience with TrueAccord and recognized TrueAccord as different and better than other agencies. A large proportion of the other 20% resolved their debt by disputing it, so even though they may not feel great about their experience, they were able to dispute and discharge a debt electronically and with minimum hassle. It’s exciting to see that consumers see our brand the way we see ourselves, as innovators focused on great user experiences. We believe helping people get out of debt has positive impact for everyone involved, even (and sometimes more so) if getting out of debt means it can’t be collected.

What consumers had to say:

You were easy to work with and the payment plan worked for me. Even when I had to make a small change, it was no problem. I’m glad to have the debt behind me. I appreciate the email correspondence as opposed to numerous phone calls.”

“They worked with me and I needed that.”

“It is always a pleasant experience dealing with True Accord.”

“Wish you could handle all my debts.”

“I love the fact that TrueAccord was kind and polite! I wanted to pay my debt but needed a plan that wouldn’t leave me over spent or struggling every month. TrueAccord was happy to accept the payment plan I requested. Thank you!”

“TrueAccord provided me a way to be true to my word.”

“The agents are all very friendly and accommodating. It doesn’t feel like you are dealing with a collection agency.”

“The best collection agency ever!”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *